Thursday, October 21, 2010

OpenD6 Magazine Article Finished!

At first I was wondering whether or not I could get 3-5 pages of free content done for the October 31st deadline.  Fortunately, I managed to get the last of the text write-up done today, and the final article will be almost eight pages long.  I hope they let me get away with that....
But that is the virtue of e-zines, isn't it?  The infinite canvas of the Internet allows us to focus on quality content and not have to edit great stuff for space. Reminds me of a little story Robert A. Heinlein wrote called "Searchlight" for a magazine advertisement.  It had to be a single page in length and feature the product on sale.  In his book Expanded Universe, Heinlein said that little story was some of the hardest fiction he ever tried to write.  This is from a guy that once spent four days doing ballistics calculations on butcher paper in order write a single line of narrative.  Becoming the Grand Master of SF was hard work back in the day.

I would love to show off the artwork and stuff for my article, but part of our Gentleman's Agreement in producing OpenD6 Magazine is that we will not re-publish any of the content for six months.  So I'm afraid you'll have to wait until January 31st of next year and see the magazine for yourselves.  The up-shot is, it's FREE!  We're making this magazine as a way to showcase our work and the OpenD6 system, so we want you to read it.  You can follow the progress of the magazine on The D6 Online OGL forum.
That's all I have for you today, folks.  Have fun and game and stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, criticisms? All non-Trolls welcome!

Google+