Saturday, June 11, 2016

IT WAS THE FLU

That particularly nasty kind where you’re worried about becoming dehydrated because you can’t keep anything down.  Worse, it hit my Monday, after my first experience hives the night before.
But MUCH worse, as many of you know, I am a Type I Diabetic.
My sugar was off the scale of my glucometer by Monday night, and took over 600 units, fifty at a time hourly, over two days to get as low as six hundred, where it could be measured.  If you’re curious, the normal blood sugar levels are around 70-90, and a normal insulin dose is 5-10 units.
So...yeah.  Almost died again.  
Needless to say, after a week of fever-induced delerium, vomit -induced delerium, sugar-induced delerium, and delerium -induced delerium, I’m pretty tired out.  Hopefully, we will resurme regular service Monday, but it may be another week before I’m up to full steam.
Thanks for understanding.  If you’ll excuse me, I have about seventy notificiations on Google+ to get through... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, criticisms? All non-Trolls welcome!

Google+