Thursday, October 6, 2016

Common Compartments: A "Rec Room" in Space (WIP)

     I had this idea, inspired by the incredible artwork of spacecraft interiors in the Jovian Chronicles RPG books, to do some isometric spacecraft interiors.  Not full spacecraft, not part of Conjunction, or The Black Desert or anything, just spacecraft interiors.  This first one was actually a dare suggestion of +Rob Garitta: a Rec Room on a spaceship.  The clincher was when he said I must add a ping-pong table.  I thought to myself, "Impossible!  A ping-pong table in zero-gee!?"  But the idea had been planted, and I couldn't leave it alone until this happened:

You have no idea how hard it was to draw all those tiny little logos...

     I've also started on the first of the Intra-Fleet Tug isos - which is a bear.  Just the shot of the tug being assembled, from the upper left of the sketch I showed the other day, will take six different fully inked and colored images assembled into a composite picture for me to achieve the effect I want.
    Fortunately, I really really love working on isos.
    Anyway, enjoy, and if you like the compartment above and want to see more, let me know in the comments.  See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, criticisms? All non-Trolls welcome!

Google+